Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Adventures with Postpartum Depression: Episode 5 Show Notes - The 2016 Climb Out of the Darkness

My podcast is now available on iTunes! Hooray! I'd do cartwheels if I knew how! (Is it possible to learn how to execute a cartwheel at the age of 37? Surely someone on YouTube wants to teach me. Or will I just kill myself if I try?) 

You can also still listen to this episode over on podomatic right here.

The Climb out of Darkness is the world’s largest event raising awareness of maternal mental illness like postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety and OCD, postpartum PTSD, postpartum psychosis, bipolar/peripartum onset and pregnancy depression and anxiety. It’s held on or near the longest day of the year annually to help shine the most light on perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. 

The event features mothers and others across the globe joining together to climb mountains and hike trails to represent their symbolic rise out of the darkness of maternal mental illness and into the light of hope and recovery.

The event also raises money for Postpartum Progress, an awesome nonprofit doing some amazing work for moms suffering from maternal mental illness.  As of Wednesday, June 22, the event has raised $329,762. Team LA has raised $15,465.  (Go, Team LA!)  I raised $725.  (Woot woot!)  Next year, I’m aiming for $1000.  And hey, it's not too late to donate to the 2016 Climb. Head over HERE if you are feeling generous...
 
Team LA hiked to Amir's Garden in Griffith Park. 

Want to know more about what Postpartum Progress do with the money raised by the Climb?  Head over yonder.  

If you are interested in being interviewed for a future episode, email me at courtneyrachelnovak@gmail.com.  Postpartum depression is a lonely experience but remember, you are not alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment